Monday, July 28, 2014

God Sees The Storm From The Other Side

Today, we traveled a lot of different places looking to buy a new vehicle. Around 4:00 o'clock we came to our final car dealership and were sure that it was the one. After some looking around and test driving, we finally found a car that we all loved. While daddy and April were inside to do some paper work,  Brynn and I stayed in the waiting room and watched the Andy Griffith show and I had some coffee. While we were waiting April came in and told us that there had just been a tornado in Boston. ( For those of you who know me, you know I am cccrrrraaaazzzzyyyyy scared of tornados ) and Boston was only 3 hours away!!!!!! Soon, we both saw tornado warnings for were we were.as I looked outside I could see the sky darkening by the second, I saw it start to get windy out. At first I was so scared I was shaking super bad. It felt like I didn't have any control over it. I kept repeating to my self " what time I am afraid , I will trust In thee."  A few minutes later April was called into the office, ( I did not want to leave her side so I went with her, and Brynn followed.) After a few minutes of being in the other room I headed a loud noise coming from outside. When I looked out I could not see a thing! For the wind was blowing the rain everywhere! All I wanted was to go home! I dint want to buy a car anymore. I prayed and prayed and prayed for God to calm the storm. After I read my bible and prayed I felt at peace, I stopped shaking. We told them we would talk tomorrow and then we started walking out. Right before we went out the rain let up a little bit. As we drove down the road it seemed that the less I worried , the better the more calm the storm was. When we pulled over to get a bite to eat, I looked behind me and I saw a bright light. The sun started to come out and and it was like it was slowly pushing the clouds away. Although behind was sun, in front it was still very dark, and still lightning. I knew that home was straight. I knew it was toward the storm, and that the only way to get home, was through the storm..........
When we got back on the road again I tried to put ALL my faith in God. Part of me wanted to stay, were it was nice and sunny and were everything seemed so safe. As I looked ahead at the darkness and behind at the light , I thought to my self, " I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back!"
Sometimes in life we see the world behind us and it looks so bright and wonderful and safe and "EASY" and when we look ahead it seems so hard. It seems as though life wouldn't be so hard if we didn't follow Christ.The second verse of the song says, " the world behind me the cross before me, no turning back, no turning back." When we get saved we need to put the world behind us and the cross before us and not turn back. The bible says in Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters:for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." We can not serve two masters. We need to choose God and not turn back. We can not have two masters! Just like we needed to go through the scary storm to get home, it is the same for us in life, we we need to go through the storms in order to be Home! We also need to have faith through the storm. We need to trust that God is going to lead us through it, and we need to know that he is the one that controls the storm, and that he sees the rainbow, when we see only clouds. Beyond the clouds and storms of life there awaits our home in glory. We need to ask God to help us through them and look for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our saviour JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!
                                                                  ~Jada

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment